Reynold Otto Glaeve: Personal time-line
· 1917 Birth June 22, Cass Lake, Hubbard Cnty MN
Lora Amelia Glaeve dies October 24, 1917
· 1922, Age 5 The family moves off the farm to town of Cass Lake
· 1925, Age 8 The family moves to (West) St. Paul MN.
· 1925-1926, grade 3 at Crowley Elementary
· 1926-1931, grade 4-8 at Emanuel School
Martha Lydia Glaeve dies Dec 23, 1929 Age 16
· 1931 -1932 Roosevelt Jr. High School
Martin Glaeve dies April 2, 1934 Age 20
· 1933-1934 Vocational High School
The family first lived on South Robert Street. It was named after Captain Louis Robert, a French voyageur and later river boat captain who plied his stern-wheelers on the Mississippi River between St. Louis and St. Paul. The street was paved in 1923 from Annapolis down to Arion. The remainder was paved shortly thereafter. And then in August of 1926 the new Robert Street Bridge opened and the street soon became the main business and recreational venue for the West Side.Travel would have been primarily by streetcar. The old horse drawn cars were replaced in 1921 by the new electric ones. The Robert Street line stopped down at the corner and, with a few transfers, you could make it all the way to Excelsior and the Glen Lake Sanitorium.